Upcoming and past events hosted by ReRooted
- ReRooted Connections & ASCE STEM Kits
- This year, ReRooted Connections is proud to partner with the Iowa Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) to offer free STEM kits for kids in the Northeast Iowa Area in celebration of E-Week (February 19-25). Engineers Week celebrates how engineers, environmental scientists, and others in STEM related fields make a difference in our world. Throughout the US, groups promoting E-week work to increase public dialogue about the need for youths to pursue careers in engineering and other science related fields, as well as bring STEM education to life for kids, educators, and parents. The kits include activity plans and supplies for a week's worth of activities geared towards elementary and middle school aged kids (Roughly ages 5 to 18). Kits will be available until we run out, so sign-up here to get your free kit!
- Kids Seed Starting Workshop - Saturday, March 25
- Learn to make seed-starting pots from recycled materials. Free activity for kids and families, this event will be from 10:30-11:30 AM on Saturday, March 25, at ReRooted Connections. Sign up here!
- Skunk Cabbage Walk - Sunday, Apr 23, 2023
- Celebrate Earth Week with a guided nature walk. Free activity for kids and families. Stay tuned for more info on time and other details.
- Mushroom Inoculation Workshop - Saturday, Apr 29, 2023
- ReRooted will be partnering with local experts to host a learning event where participants can come away with their own innoculated Shitake logs! Stay tuned for sign-up and more info.
- Winter Wander - Saturday Feb 4, 2023
- In early February, we hosted the first annual Winter Wander. The woodland walk took place under the glow of the Snow Moon, thanks to the help of an amazing team of volunteers who lined the nearly mile-long trail with luminaries and kept the outdoor fire going for warmth. With the aid of the moonlight and the luminaries, wanderers proved that nature and the outdoors can still be appreciated and enjoyed even in these long winter months.